2017 Sharpening Services Price List
DO NOT PLACE A SHARPENING ORDER WITHOUT EMAILING US FIRST.
Pocket/Hunting/Tactical Knife Sharpening Service
Cutlery (Kitchen Knives) Sharpening
We can sharpen your basic to best kitchen and cutlery to a razor-edge sharpness. We sharpen American, Chinese, European and Japanese knives to the correct angle and edge type. You will wonder why you didn't get your knives sharpened sooner.
Hunting & Filet Knives Sharpened
We sharpen hunting and filet knives by hand (Wicked Edge or Japanese water stones) or by using a motorized belt sharpener, depending on the condition and shape of the blade and your selection. Your knife will cut through paper like butter when we are done.
Tactical Knives Sharpened
Tactical and military knives require a sharp but heavier edge to withstand the rough treatment these blades will endure. We can sharpen all tactical knives by hand using stones and micro-sandpaper, then they are honed and stropped too give you a "scary sharp blade edge".
Package Knives or Items
Wrap each knife individually in newspaper, place them in a sturdy box and pack tight with additional newspaper. Include a copy of your order number/invoice/receipt, then seal the box securely.
Hand Sharpening (i.e. Done on the Wicked Edge Precision Sharpener) – note: we don’t sharpen karambit blades on the Wicked Edge. Measurements for pricing are either the blade length or edge length – whichever is longest.
- Kitchen Knives – $5/inch with a $20/ea max cap, edge will first be reprofiled on the belt sander and then finished on the Wicked Edge by hand. The $20 cap does not include repair work… if needed it is extra.
- If 4″ or under – $5/inch. Price includes either matching the existing angle or a free re-profile by belt sander then finished w/ a micro bevel on the WEPS. We can also reprofile by hand for an extra fee of $6/inch on top of the $5/inch (specify if you want this done in the mail in form). $15 minimum.
- If over 4″ – $5/inch with a $30 max cap, however, the only way we do these on the Wicked Edge is if the edge is first taken to the belt sander (water cooled, slow speed). Because the edge angle will be reprofiled to a lower angle, this will help w/ cutting ability and is considered an upgrade – which we do for free (with the exception of convex edges – see below under ‘Machine Sharpening’). We then add the micro-bevel on the Wicked Edge.
- Reprofile work by hand only (no belt sander) – add $6/inch to the above $5/inch, so $11/inch total. Limited to blades 4″ and under.
- Mirrored edges are done at my discretion and are $20/inch with a $40 minimum. These will be able to whittle a hair on most knives. Tanto mirrored edges will be $10 extra. Price includes matching existing angle, limited to blades 4″ and under.
- Tanto edges w/ regular sharpening are $4 extra (no powered equipment).
- Custom Knives – Starts at $15/inch and goes up depending on options (this rate is with a 600 grit finished edge). Also, no power equipment will touch your Custom unless agreed upon. Custom sharpening (w/ no powered equipment) is limited to blades 4″ and under. Tantos are +$10.
Machine sharpening (Done on a belt sander) These are done on a slow speed, water cooled belt sander at 220 grit and many of my customers fit in this category. Measurements for pricing are either the blade length or edge length – whichever is longest.
- Plain edge knives – $2/inch. Reprofile work is $1.50/inch. ( $6/blade minimum)
- Serrated knives – $2/inch. Any repair work is extra. ($10/blade minimum)
- Kitchen Knives – $2/inch with a $12 max (not including repair or reprofile work). Reprofile work is an additional $0.50/inch. Price is for plain edge only. Serrated kitchen knives fall in the category above.
- Convex edges – $2/inch. Reprofile work is $1.50/inch. To finish on the Wicked Edge with a microbevel add $1.50/inch. ( $10/blade minimum)
- Double-edged knives/daggers – cost double whatever type blade/options you have (i.e. straight edge, serrated, etc). Please note these will be sharpened on machine only.
- Machetes – Excludes high dollar fixed blades in which case normal machine sharpening prices above apply. Normally blades over 10″ long. $1.50/inch to match the existing angle, to clean up or reprofile add $0.50/inch.
- Swords – Normally blades over 10″ long. $1.50/inch to match the existing angle, to clean up or reprofile add $0.50/inch more. (limited to blades 30″ or less and value of around $300... more expensive/custom swords need prior approval before shipping to us).
For smaller items like knives, we Recommend Using USPS Flat Rate Priority Mail. For larger items (like machetes or swords), we recommend shipping USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground Shipping in a tightly wrapped box, making sure to securely wrap the sword (or machete) in its scabbard inside the shipping box so it doesn't move around. If the sword or machete does NOT have a scabbard, you can use 2 yard sticks or similar wooden planks taped around the item - make sure to wrap the item securely so it doesn't move around in the shipping box.
If you would like to add insurance on the return shipment please call or email us with the amount you want insured, and we wil get you a quote for return shipping.
** Sharpening services available in the Continental United States ONLY!
***For larger items (like machetes or swords), we recommend shipping USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground Shipping in a tightly wrapped box, making sure to securely wrap the sword (or machete) in its scabbard inside the shipping box. If the sword or machete does NOT have a scabbard, you can use 2 yard sticks or similar wooden planks taped around the item - make sure to wrap the item securely so it doesn't move around in the shipping boxes.